Aytes Community Recycling Center at Recycle City
Drop-Off Center Open Seven Days a Week
Recycle City features a convenient drop-off center open during daylight hours, seven days a week. The facility at 131 Ecology Drive has containers located in front of the building clearly marked for each type of recyclable.
Items ACCEPTED at Recycle City’s Drop-Off Center
- Newspapers (remove plastic sleeve)
- Mixed Paper
- Junk Mail
- Telephone Books
- Chipboard (cereal boxes, tissue boxes, etc.)
- White Paper (computer paper, office paper, etc.)
- Corrugated Cardboard (dry, empty and flatten boxes)
- Brown Paper Grocery Bags
Containers (please rinse):
- Aluminum and tin cans
- Glass Bottles and Jars, any color
- Plastic Bottles and Jars, all except black plastic or those marked No. 4 or No. 6
- DUE TO CHANGES IN STATE REGULATIONS, MOTOR OIL IS NO LONGER ACCEPTED AT RECYCLE CITY. St. Charles County Recycle Works accepts motor oil at both of their Recycling Centers.
- Antifreeze — drop off in container (container will not be returned).
- Used Cooking Oil — empty the cooking oil into the designated receptacle, or leave the container with the cooking oil (container will not be returned).
Car Batteries: only wet-cell auto batteries. No cracked or leaking batteries accepted.
Used Cell Phones:
Drop off used cell phones (all sizes, makes, models, digital or analog, with or without battery) at St. Peters City Hall or in Recycle City’s office lobby during normal business hours. The cell phones will go to Cell Phones for Soldiers.
PLEASE NOTE: We no longer accept flat screen televisions. You may place your TV in your trash cart (if it fits) or schedule bulky collection. Walk-in trash disposal at Recycle City is another option (fees apply).
BACK TO THE TOP
Items NOT ACCEPTED at St. Peters’ Recycle City Drop-Off Center
- Egg cartons: Paper-based egg cartons can be added to paper blue bag. Plastic No. 1 egg cartons can be added to container blue bag. Styrofoam egg cartons can be included with regular trash.
- Styrofoam can be included with regular trash.
- Plastic food wrap can be included with regular trash.
- Plastic grocery bags (they can be returned to Target, Walmart and many other grocery stores for recycling).
- Alkaline batteries can be included with regular trash.
- Rechargeable Batteries. Any batteries including the abbreviations Ni-MH, Li-ion, or Pb are accepted at Batteries Plus, Lowe's & Home Depot.
- Light bulbs
- St. Charles County Recycle Works accepts light bulbs from residents (with some limits and restrictions).
- Your local Home Depot store may also accept Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) bulbs.
Window glass, china, mirrors, Pyrex or Corning Wear can be included with regular trash. Please place in a sturdy box, such as a shoe box, tape shut and label “broken glass” to ensure recycle workers avoid injury.
- Cordless phones can be brought to St. Charles County Recycle Works for recycling.
- Electronics. Bring used electronics to Best Buy or St. Charles County Recycle Works for recycling.
- Televisions. PLEASE NOTE: We no longer accept flat screen televisions. You may place your TV in your trash cart (if it fits) or schedule bulky collection. Walk-in trash disposal at Recycle City is another option (fees apply).
- Paint. NEVER pour paint down household drains, toilets, storm sewers or on the ground.
- Latex Paint — when in a dried-out form with the lid taken off, latex paint can be safely disposed of in your trash cart.
- Oil-based or Alkyd Paint — considered a household hazardous waste and cannot be put in your trash cart. St. Charles County Recycle Works accepts oil-based paint/stain; visit its website for more details on disposing hazardous household waste.
- Chemicals. Chemicals that have the words “Danger,” “Warning,” “Caution,” “toxic,” “Corrosive,” “Flammable,” or “Poison” are considered hazardous waste. Do not place these chemicals in your trash cart. Visit St. Charles County Recycle Works website for more details on disposing hazardous household waste.
- Motor Oil. Both St. Charles Recycle Works locations accept motor oil and oil filters.
- Tires. Recycle tires by taking them to a business that sells tires. A fee is charged for each tire.
BACK TO THE TOP
131 Ecology Drive
St. Peters, MO 63376
Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Trash Disposal Hours
Recycle City features a convenient drop-off center open during daylight hours, seven days a week.
Directions: Recycle City is located at 131 Ecology Drive, accessible from Mid Rivers Mall Drive north of I-70 and south of Salt River Road. Turn east from Mid Rivers Mall Drive onto Ecology Drive and travel 3/4 mile. Recycle City is on the left-hand side.